Friday, January 20, 2006

Antique Dealers: Size A-A Or D-D?



  • I love looking for antiques. Show me an antique store and I'll show you a happy woman. I have decided over the years that antique dealers come in two sizes:
  • A-A for Arrange to Appreciate
  • D-D for Dump to Discover
    The A-As have breathtaking arrangements that force the antique seeker to appreciate the similar items selected for matching time period, colors, uses, whatever. The D-Ds just dump boxes, piles, stacks of unrelated items forcing the antique seeker to dig through everything to make his own exciting discovery. I haven't decided if one size suits all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

a lot of fun to find thing's other folk's have no need for.
so glad to have found this site, left Hornell 35 year's ago and I miss Hornell and my long lost friends. I hope you keep this site open. How is your husband making out?

Lillian Russo said...

Dear Anonymous,

I have been spending a lot of time with my 90 year old mother at Hornell Gardens recently so I haven't been updating as I should.
I plan to keep this site open and I'm glad you read it.

My husband is hanging in there, trying to increase the range of use for his shoulder. It's a long process.

Are you aware of the Hornell Tribune website? My brother, who lives in Florida, reads it daily to keep up on local news.

Thanks again,
Lillian

Lillian Russo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thank you for the information on the Hornell Tribune website, I will get on it tonight. tell your husband not to despair, shoulders take a long time to heal as we get older but it will heal in time. thank you again for the website,