Saturday, November 03, 2007

Identified Sitting Object



Last summer I was looking for smaller chairs to use in my tiny sitting room. At a nearby antique store I found a pair of the chairs that you see on the left. They were very unique---interesting curves and incredibly smooth wood. The dealer had purchased them at an auction and couldn't tell me anything about them. I couldn't resist the design, the wood, the workmanship, the unusual cushions and the medallion carved on the back slat. I brought them home without any idea of what they were.

Today as I was going through a magazine, I found a picture of a similar chair. It was identified as a Ming Dynasty reproduction and that is what I suspect I have. If any of you out there have any other information on these chairs, please let me know.

No comments: