Friday, April 08, 2005

A Family of Cooks

Tomorrow is a big family gathering and I am faced with the same dilemma each of these occasions brings---what will I take for our "dish to pass"? I know it's not a competition but I feel so inadequate because I happen to come from a family of cooks. It all started with my mother who cooked for a living. Along came my siblings and they all took after my mother (except for one brother who had sense enough to declare kitchens were for eating in). Then my siblings married---yep, you've got it. They all married good cooks. And it didn't stop there. They had offspring who all excelled in cooking, even my nephews who are more like c-h-e-f-s.

Now I've never had any great fascination for cooking. I'd rather read, or listen to music, or build things. So where does that leave me? Stressed out.

No comments: